Monday, November 08, 2010

Leper Messiah

I have a huge obsession with The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars right now. David Bowie is a bit of a personal hero of mine - forced into my eardrums from a young age by my dad, I've grown to look up to the man like some sort of Messiah. I may have to retire the day he dies.



One of my favourite songs of all time features on this album. "Moonage Daydream" is one of the most important songs in setting up the persona of Ziggy Stardust, an alien god-like rock star, that Bowie performed as during the early 1970s.



I'm an aliigator, I'm a Mama-Papa coming for you,
I'm the Space Invader, I'll be a rock 'n' rollin' bitch for you,
Keep your mouth shut,
You're squawking like a pink monkey bird
And I'm bustin' out my brains for the world

Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
Put your ray gun to my head
Press you face close to mine, love

Freak out with the moonage daydream, ohhh yeah!

Don't fake it baby, Lay the real thing on me
The church of man, love
Is such a holy place to be
Take me baby, let me know you really care
Make me jump into the air

Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
Put your ray gun to my head
Press your space face close to mine, love

Freak out in the moonage daydream, ohhh yeah!

Freak out, far out, in out

3 comments: